So far, January has been one of those months where the Stock Market refuses to cool down and that more gasoline is definitely being thrown at it. Valuations are at insane levels based on the slow growth of the balance sheets. Needless to say, there are still some gems to be picked out.
Quoting the great Warren Buffet “Time in Market is Better than Timing the Market” is definitely my motto. Throw as much money as possible into the market and let the growing dividends do the magic. I still have goals to meet for 2017 and this hot market will not derail it.
Purchases so far in the first half of January.
- ABBV (additional 22 shares @ $61.28, total count of 28 shares now) – Recently increased the dividends by over 12%.
- VFC (Initial buy of 6 shares @ $53.60) – Recently increased dividends in December by over 13%.
- AMGN (Initial buy of 5 shares @ $158) – Increased dividends by 15% this year.
- MO (additional 4 shares @ $67.30, for a total of 16 shares) – Last increased dividends by 7.96% in September.
- PM (Initial buy of 5 shares @ $90) – Pays a nice 4.6% and last increased in September by 1.96%.
- T (additional 5 shares @ $41, total count of 25 shares now) – Last increased dividends by 2.08% like clockwork.
Well, that covers all the buys in first half of January, this brings my portfolio income generating to an average of $138.14 or $1657.68 a year. See you guys at the next update.
Thanks for reading,
– Div Tech Guy!