February has been another crazy month. Lots of steam in still in the engine room and engine refuses to give up. I continue to buy in this market and looking for values that are still there to be found. I’m finally done with the move to Merrill Edge from Robinhood and so far the move has been great.
Overall experience has been great and went on a buying spree at the end of February. Some of my other purchases were covered on the Mid-Feb update.
- QCOM (added 12 shares @ $56.715 for a total of 19 shares) -3.74% yield
- UPS (added 6 shares @ $105.41 for a total of 7 shares) – 3.15% yield
- KO (added 8 shares @ $41.699 for a total of 41 shares) – 3.55% yield
- HRL (added 10 shares @ $34.79 for a total of 24 shares) – 1.95% yield
- DIS (added 2 shares @ $109.64 for a total of 3 shares) – 1.42% yield
- VFC (added 12 shares @ $52.89 for a total of 21 shares) – 3.14% yield
- XOM (added 10 shares @ 81.06 for a total of 12 shares) – 3.70% yield
- TGT (added 33 shares @ 57.95 for a total of 60 shares) – 4.14% yield
New capital for this month was $3,299.45, not as high as I hope to save/invest because I had some unexpected bills that came up. Its still higher then my average monthly new capital contributions for 2016 by $162.37, thats a success in my book so far. Thats 2 months down, 10 more to go and plenty of time to recover and achieve the 2017 goals. New capital for the year is at $10,220.58.
I’m finally starting to have data for 2016 which I can compare to see the growth that is happening across my portfolio. February 2016, I clocked in $12.70 in dividend income, in 2017, that number jumped to $105.52. More than 7x in growth. My goal is to live off this portfolio in the future so I’m racing as fast as I can to continue to put in growths in the charts.
This was a good month for increases, lots of my holdings increased the dividends bringing in $13.87 in new dividend income for the year 🙂 My portfolio average dividend growth is 8.30%.
Bring on March, we are ready for you.
The portfolio ending balance for February is $55,098.60
Thanks for reading.